Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 10: Ice cream

Breakfast - mushroom and prosciutto egg casserole, half of a banana, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch - leftovers from last night (taco pork, cauliflower rice, avocado, salsa, sweet potato chips)

Snack - frozen blueberries

Dinner - grilled pork chop with spicy mustard, roasted carrots and broccoli

Dessert - I attempted to make a smoothie a couple of hours after dinner because I was pretty hungry. I used two frozen bananas, 1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder, one tablespoon almond butter and about a cup of coconut milk (this was for two servings). The result? Whole30 ice cream. Russ said it reminded him of frozen yogurt.

I know - it's blasphemy to purist whole30-ers. But as previously mentioned, we love sweets and while I'm craving them a lot less than normal, I really wanted dessert tonight and I might as well figure out some healthy options.

And it hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment