Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 25: Heebie -Jeebies Take 2

After hearing from someone that she tried and really likes the date-sweetened dairy-free, sugar-free coffee creamer, I decided to try it again (last week I tried the recipe with raisins instead of dates because we already had them and I was trying to save a trip to the store). So today I was at Sprouts and after looking for a few minutes, I found the dates. I didn't take a picture because the dates kind of grossed me out (as I mentioned in a previous post, dried fruit gives me the heebie-jeebies, with the exception of craisins), but I pressed on. I had to pit them, then threw them in the food processor (equal parts dates and hot water). Then I added 1/4 cup of the paste/puree to 1 cup of coconut milk and sprinkled a little cinnamon. And it was delicious :). The true test will be using it in my coffee tomorrow morning, but all signs point to good at this juncture. Will definitely report back tomorrow.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, apple, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: blackened chicken breast (pan blackened with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice), apple with almond butter

Dinner: grilled chicken breast (marinated in lemon juice, oil and vinegar), roasted vegetables (grape tomatoes, onions, broccoli, carrots)

After dinner snack: grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment