Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 16: Don't Knock 'em 'til You've Tried 'em



Breakfast: scrambled eggs with proscuitto, banana



Lunch: leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce, apple with almond butter



Snack: plantain chips with salsa



Dinner: pot roast (beef in beef broth, onion and rosemary in the crockpot all day - it was ok, but needed more flavor, in my opinion), roasted carrots and...wait for it... BRUSSEL SPROUTS.


I have only had brussel sprouts once before, and today was the first day I've ever prepared them. I'll be honest - they get a bad rap. Cooked the right way, they are delicious. Russ and I agree that they will be added to our repertoire of meals moving forward.


To cook them, cut off the brown tip, slice them in half length-wise, use a touch of olive oil, season 'em up and roast them in the oven at 450 until they get a little crispy (the edges get a little brown).


If you have never tried them, my personal challenge to you is to try them sometime in the next month (prepared the way I mentioned above).

No comments:

Post a Comment