Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 29: Two Questions

People keep asking me two questions:
1) What "forbidden" food am I going to eat on Wednesday when our Whole30 is done?
2) What will our diet look like going forward?

Anwers:
1) The only thing I know for SURE that I'm going to have is sweetened creamer in my coffee. It's already in the fridge. But I will say, it is all natural - milk, cream, sugar and natural flavors. Not too different than what I used to use. I also really want oatmeal. Maybe it's because that is what our son eats every morning for breakfast. I have a good crockpot recipe for steel cut oats that I will probably make. As for everything else, I guess we'll just see what comes up. The meals I have planned for this week are still Whole30ish, and I don't have any desire to jump back into full-on sugar, dairy and carbs.

2) I'm not sure about that either. We don't want to undo everything we just did by eating carelessly. I'm investigating a couple of different things and will update as we move forward. We've talked about continuing to eat lots of vegetables, and limiting desserts and sweets to weekends and special occasions. Will post more thoughts in a wrap-up tomorrow on our Whole30 experience.

Breakfast: egg casserole with chicken apple sausage and grapefruit & pineapple

Lunch: salad with grilled chicken, boiled eggs, broccoli and carrots with oil and vinegar

Snack: garlic cashews, apple with almond butter

Dinner: spaghetti squash with tomato sauce (ground turkey, tomato sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano) and salad (mixed baby greens, carrots, bell pepper, homemade balsamic vinaigrette)

No comments:

Post a Comment